Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt
New York Jets head coach Adam Gase wanted to trade safety Marcus Maye prior to the start of last season, reports Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
Gase wanted to trade Maye after being hired by the Jets but he was convinced otherwise, per Mehta. He previously reported that Jets general manager Joe Douglas "has engaged in trade discussions involving Maye for the better part of a year." The Jets just spent a third-round pick on Ashtyn Davis and want to sign Jamal Adams long-term, so Maye likely won't be around after this season when his rookie deal runs out. The former second-round pick has just 4 career interceptions and 2 forced fumbles to go with 0.5 sacks.
The Jets D/ST is 21st in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. numberFire's models project Maye for 88.5 tackles, 1.8 interceptions, and 3.8 pass deflections this season.
- Ronald Jones the 'main guy' in Tampa Bay August 9th, 2020
- Tampa Bay's Ke'Shawn Vaughn removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 9th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) activated from active/PUP list August 8th, 2020
- Lions' T.J. Hockenson removed from reserve/COVID-19 list August 8th, 2020
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Jets' C.J. Mosley opts out of 2020 NFL season August 1st, 2020
- Jets agree to trade safety Jamal Adams to Seattle July 25th, 2020
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Jets "still talking" with free agent Demaryius Thomas July 1st, 2020