Jets' Quincy Enunwa (neck) still wants to play
New York Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa said he is not considering retirement despite battling a career-threatening neck injury.
Enunwa played only once last season and he's already been ruled out for all of 2020. The 28-year-old wideout has appeared in 12 combined games since 2017. "If I'm capable of playing, then that's what I'll do," Enunwa said, making his first public comments since the end of the season. "If it comes down to the fact that the doctors say I can't, there's not much I can do. There's really nothing I can do there, but if I have the ability to [play], the passion will always be there, the want-to will always be there." He's earning $6 million fully guaranteed this year and has a $4.1 million injury guarantee for 2021.
Enunwa averaged 6.2 FanDuel points (WR77) over 11 games in 2018. He finished at the very bottom of numberFire's advanced per-target receiving metrics among the 71 receivers with at least 60 targets that season.
- Rams' Cooper Kupp (knee) ruled out for Saturday's playoff matchup against Packers January 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Mark Ingram not expected to play in Saturday's Divisional playoff contest against Bills January 16th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) questionable for Sunday's clash with Tampa Bay January 15th, 2021
- Saints list Latavius Murray (quad) as questionable for Sunday's Divisional playoff contest against Buccaneers January 15th, 2021
- Mike Evans (knee) hoping to be closer to 100 percent for Buccaneers in Divisional Round January 15th, 2021
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (hip) listed as questionable on Kansas City's Divisional playoff injury report January 15th, 2021
- Jets fire Adam Gase following Week 17's loss to New England January 3rd, 2021
- La'Mical Perine tests positive for COVID-19, out Week 17 December 30th, 2020
- Jets' Frank Gore (lung) ruled out for Week 17 finale December 28th, 2020
- Jamison Crowder throws, catches touchdown as Jets win again December 28th, 2020
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (calf) active for Week 15 December 20th, 2020
- Jets' La'Mical Perine (ankle) remains on injured reserve for Week 15 December 19th, 2020