P.J. Williams staying in New Orleans
The New Orleans Saints re-signed defensive back P.J. Williams to a 1-year, $2 million contract.
Williams is capable of covering inside and outside, and he also played safety last season. He figures to be a utility depth option for the Saints in 2020. Williams has given up 8.2 yards per target each of the past two seasons. He had 1 interception and 4 pass deflections last season and allowed 5 touchdowns on 64 targets. Williams turns 27 in two months.
Williams graded 74th on Pro Football Focus last season among 83 corners to play at least 553 defensive snaps. He's received negative coverage grades each of the past two years.
- Detroit's Jamal Agnew converting to wide receiver May 26th, 2020
- Jets' Joe Flacco (neck) not ready for Week 1's regular season opener May 26th, 2020
- Jalen Ramsey to report to Rams training camp May 26th, 2020
- D.J. Chark to continue working out of Jaguars' slot May 26th, 2020
- Patriots unsure about bottom of wide receiver depth chart May 26th, 2020
- Colts' Parris Campbell to play more slot snaps May 26th, 2020
- Jay Glazer: Taysom Hill next in line for Saints May 20th, 2020
- Saints sign running back Ty Montgomery May 15th, 2020
- Saints release Pro Bowl guard Larry Warford May 8th, 2020
- Saints see Tommy Stevens as "bigger Taysom Hill" April 30th, 2020
- Saints' Jameis Winston claims improved depth perception April 29th, 2020
- Saints officially re-sign quarterback Taysom Hill April 26th, 2020