Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny to split Seahawks backfield Week 13
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll indicated Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny will split touches in Week 13 against the Minnesota Vikings.
"Chris is a guy who is a big part of our team and we’ll do everything we can," Carroll said of Carson. "Competition is a beautiful thing and no reason not to get [Penny] back in there next week. We'll get those guys hammering away." This comes after Carson fumbled the ball on back-to-back plays in the second half of Sunday's Week 12 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. He finished with a season-low 8 rushes for 26 yards while Penny came in and posted 129 yards with a touchdown on 14 carries. With the fantasy playoffs fast approaching, Carson may all of a sudden be the second option in Seattle's backfield.
Carson finished with 7.7 FanDuel points on Sunday. Penny posted a season-best 18.9 FP. The Vikings have the sixth-best rush defense in the NFL (94.2 yards per game).
- Gary Kubiak will reportedly become new Vikings offensive coordinator January 23rd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Russell Wilson unable to do it all for Seahawks in Lambeau January 13th, 2020
- Tyler Lockett has 136 yards, touchdown on 9 catches in Seahawks' loss January 13th, 2020
- Marshawn Lynch scores twice in Seahawks' loss January 13th, 2020
- Marshawn Lynch 'ready to handle more of a workload,' Seahawks say January 6th, 2020
- Tyler Lockett provides 62 yards as Seahawks advance January 6th, 2020
- Marshawn Lynch hits paydirt in Seahawks' victory January 6th, 2020