Seahawks' Chris Carson (neck) retiring from football
Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Carson (neck) is retiring from the NFL.
Carson played in 49 games over five seasons for the Seahawks, including back-to-back 1,000-yard campaigns in 2018-19. Rashaad Penny and Kenneth Walker will split most of Seattle's backfield work this season in what should be a run-heavy offense. Penny is expected to begin the year as the lead back.
Penny is currently the RB27 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings and our models project him for 228.6 combined carries and targets. Walker is the RB36 and projected for 195.73 offensive opportunities.
- Raiders' Darren Waller (shoulder) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Josh Palmer (ankle) limited for Chargers on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Chargers' Gerald Everett (hamstring) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Raiders' Hunter Renfrow (concussion) upgraded to full practice on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore (knee) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Giants' Daniel Jones (ankle) limited again on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Rashaad Penny (shoulder) misses Seahawks practice October 6th, 2022
- Travis Homer (rib) won't return for Seahawks in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Seahawks' Geno Smith to see more opportunities moving forward September 20th, 2022
- Ken Walker (hernia) not listed on final Week 2 injury report for Seahawks September 16th, 2022
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) participates in Wednesday's practice September 14th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Ken Walker (hernia) will return in Week 2 September 13th, 2022