Sam Darnold ruled out for Jets versus Browns Monday night due to mono
New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold will not play Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns on Monday night due to mono, head coach Adam Gase announced Thursday.
Gase indicated Darnold could miss multiple weeks with the illness. Trevor Siemian is taking over at quarterback in the meantime, which is an immediate downgrade for a deep threat like Robby Anderson. Le'Veon Bell is sitting out Thursday's practice with a shoulder issue, so the Jets' offense may be in a tough spot on Monday night.
Darnold completed 28-of-41 passes (68.3 percent) for 175 yards (4.3 yards per attempt) and 1 touchdown in the Jets' 17-16 Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills. He finished with 13.5 FanDuel points.
- Marqise Lee (knee) active for Jacksonville in Week 3 September 19th, 2019
- Chiefs' LeSean McCoy (ankle) limited on Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Redskins' Jordan Reed (concussion) still out of practice Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (concussion) practices in full Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson (calf) doubtful for Week 3 September 19th, 2019
- Jimmy Graham (groin) sitting for Packers again Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Sam Darnold (mono) eyeing Week 5 return for Jets September 18th, 2019
- Jets' Luke Falk fares well in abrupt NFL debut September 17th, 2019
- Robby Anderson has 4 catches, 81 yards for Jets September 17th, 2019
- Jamison Crowder regresses to mean in Jets' loss September 17th, 2019
- Le'Veon racks up 129 yards on 31 touches for Jets September 17th, 2019
- Jets' Trevor Siemian (ankle) exits in the second quarter, Luke Falk in at quarterback September 16th, 2019