Texans reportedly releasing Demaryius Thomas
The Houston Texans are expected to release wide receiver Demaryius Thomas on Tuesday, reports James Palmer of NFL Network.
The Texans acquired Thomas from the Denver Broncos for a fourth-round pick in October, but he's due $14 million in 2019, so it wound up being more of a rental than long-term investment. He only caught 23 passes for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns in seven games for Houston before suffering an Achilles' tear. Thomas turned 31 in December.
DT caught 59 passes for 677 yards and 5 touchdowns on 89 targets in 15 games last season.
- Cowboys reportedly letting Terrance Williams walk February 18th, 2019
- Bills release tight end Charles Clay on Friday February 15th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will reportedly meet with Steelers owner February 15th, 2019
- Schefter: Broncos 'most likely' letting Brandon Marshall walk February 15th, 2019
- Nick Foles, Jaguars expected to have 'mutual interest' February 14th, 2019
- Broncos reportedly deal 4th-round pick to Ravens for Joe Flacco February 13th, 2019
- Texans reportedly releasing Demaryius Thomas February 12th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Texans' DeAndre Hopkins held in check in Saturday's Wild Card Round game January 6th, 2019
- Keke Coutee tallies 110 yards on Saturday for Houston January 6th, 2019
- Deshaun Watson totals over 300 yards on Saturday in Texans' Wild Card loss January 6th, 2019
- Houston's Keke Coutee (hamstring) active against the Colts January 5th, 2019