Texans reportedly releasing Demaryius Thomas
The Houston Texans are expected to release wide receiver Demaryius Thomas on Tuesday, reports James Palmer of NFL Network.
The Texans acquired Thomas from the Denver Broncos for a fourth-round pick in October, but he's due $14 million in 2019, so it wound up being more of a rental than long-term investment. He only caught 23 passes for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns in seven games for Houston before suffering an Achilles' tear. Thomas turned 31 in December.
DT caught 59 passes for 677 yards and 5 touchdowns on 89 targets in 15 games last season.
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Doug Baldwin released by Seattle with "failed physical" designation May 9th, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Texans sign left tackle Matt Kalil March 23rd, 2019
- Texans to sign quarterback A.J. McCarron March 20th, 2019
- Bradley Roby, Texans reportedly agree on deal March 12th, 2019
- Tashaun Gipson reportedly signs with Houston March 12th, 2019
- Texans reportedly releasing Demaryius Thomas February 12th, 2019