New Mexico's Tim Williams will not play on Wednesday
Forward Tim Williams of the New Mexico Lobos will not play on Wednesday as the team faces the UTEP Miners due to a concussion, according to Geoff Grammer of the Albuquerque Journal.
The Lobos leading scorer already missed one game -- a 79-74 loss to the Illinois State Redbirds -- due to the head injury. Joe Furister started in Williams' place, but Elijah Brown took on a larger role attempting 17 shots. The team hopes to have Williams back on Saturday for their showdown with in-state rivals the New Mexico State Aggies. Williams is averaging 19.0 points and 6.9 rebounds this season for the Lobos.
Our models give New Mexico only an 8.6 percent chance of making the NCAA tournament, so they can't afford an extended absence from Williams.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Elijah Brown to transfer from New Mexico March 20th, 2017
- New Mexico's Tim Williams cleared to resume basketball activities February 27th, 2017
- Tim Williams to miss substantial time for New Mexico January 31st, 2017
- New Mexico's Tim Williams will not play on Wednesday December 5th, 2016