Hawks could be without Paul Millsap (knee) for more than two games
Atlanta Hawks forward/center Paul Millsap may need more than two games off to rest up his left knee, based on head coach Mike Budenholzer's unwillingness to commit to the timeline.
Budenholzer described the injury as a "short term" issue. Millsap has already been ruled out for Monday and Wednesday's contests, but it sounds like that could be extended further. Look for Ersan Ilyasova to benefit the most while Tim Hardaway Jr. and Taurean Prince also gain some opportunity.
Millsap is averaging 18.1 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.3 steals, 1.0 blocks and 1.1 3-pointers per game this season. His 3.0 nERD ranks second on the Hawks and 61st in the NBA.
- Celtics looking to improve frontcourt in offseason May 27th, 2017
- Clippers expected to re-sign Blake Griffin (toe) May 27th, 2017
- Spurs looking into signing Clippers' Chris Paul in free agency May 27th, 2017
- Warriors' Matt Barnes does not plan to retire May 27th, 2017
- Isaiah Thomas wants to stay with Celtics May 27th, 2017
- Spurs' David Lee doesn't need surgery May 27th, 2017
- Paul Millsap opts out of contract with Atlanta, will become a free agent May 22nd, 2017
- Hawks lose Game 6 despite 31 points from Paul Millsap April 29th, 2017
- Dennis Schroder double-doubles in Hawks' Game 5 loss April 26th, 2017
- Paul Millsap's strong performance carries Atlanta to a Game 4 victory April 25th, 2017
- Dennis Schroder plays well as Hawks even Round 1 series at 2-2 April 25th, 2017
- Hawks' Paul Millsap scores 29 points in win against Wizards April 23rd, 2017