Grizzlies trade Tyus Jones to Wizards in five-player deal
The Washington Wizards are acquiring point guard Tyus Jones in a three-team trade with the Memphis Grizzlies and Boston Celtics.
Chris Paul isn't expected to stay on the Wizards' roster, so Jones is in position to be the starting point guard and play a signficiant role next season. The Grizzlies are acquiring Marcus Smart in the trade and the Celtics are landing Kristaps Porzingis. Smart will now be Memphis' starting point guard to begin the season while Ja Morant serves his 25-game suspension. Monte Morris and Delon Wright could take a hit with Jones now in the picture.
Jones had a 17.7% usage rate last season and averaged 23.0 FanDuel points in 24.3 minutes per game, with 10.3 points, 2.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.0 steals, and 1.5 3-pointers per contest. As a starter, he averaged 16.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, 8.1 assists, 1.8 steals, and 2.0 3-pointers.
- Derrick Rose (ankle) not listed on Grizzlies' Wednesday injury report December 5th, 2023
- Miami's Josh Richardson (knee) available on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Nicolas Batum (finger) available for Philadelphia on Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Ziaire Williams (illness) not listed on Memphis' Wednesday injury report December 5th, 2023
- Josh Okogie coming off Phoenix's bench on Tuesday night December 5th, 2023
- Suns starting Eric Gordon (knee) on Tuesday, Josh Okogie to bench December 5th, 2023
- Wizards' Johnny Davis (calf) could be questionable Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Landry Shamet (neck) status in limbo for Wizards Wednesday December 5th, 2023
- Jordan Poole (ankle) uncertain Wednesday for Wizards December 5th, 2023
- Jordan Poole (ankle) starting for Wizards on Monday; Corey Kispert back to bench November 27th, 2023
- Wizards move Corey Kispert back to bench Monday November 27th, 2023
- Jordan Poole (ankle) available Monday night for Wizards November 27th, 2023