Zach LaVine on track to start again on Monday for Timberwolves
Minnesota Timberwolves guard Zach LaVine is on track to rejoin the starting lineup on Monday versus the Boston Celtics.
Tayshaun Prince started on Saturday, so it's now LaVine's turn to run with the first five. Regardless of head coach Sam Mitchell's master plan, LaVine is going to get plenty of run down the stretch and will have steady minutes in the rotation. Given his growing role, LaVine should be rostered in all formats.
LaVine is averaging 30.6 minutes on the floor in his eight games as a starter this season. Tonight against the Celtics, our models currently project him to play 30.0 minutes while putting up 14.9 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 1.0 3-pointers on 43.3 percent shooting from the field. He ranks 123rd with a -4.9 nERD for the year.
- Shams: Blake Griffin expected to sign with Nets after buyout March 7th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid (contact tracing) could miss All-Star game March 7th, 2021
- 76ers Ben Simmons (contact tracing) could miss All-Star game March 7th, 2021
- Rockets recall Kevin Porter Jr. from G League, eligible to play after All-Star break March 6th, 2021
- Woj: Blake Griffin, Pistons agree to buyout March 5th, 2021
- Kevon Looney coming off Warriors' bench Thursday night March 4th, 2021
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen (shoulder) won't play Wednesday night March 3rd, 2021
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen (shoulder) doubtful for Wednesday March 2nd, 2021
- Sunday's game between the Bulls and the Raptors has been postponed February 28th, 2021
- Bulls-Pistons added to schedule for Wednesday February 16th, 2021
- Bulls want Wendell Carter Jr. to stay around 20 minutes February 16th, 2021
- Hornets undergoing contact tracing, next 2 games postponed February 16th, 2021