Diamondbacks' Shelby Miller avoids further elbow damage
Arizona Diamondbacks starting pitcher Shelby Miller avoided further damage to his injured elbow, an MRI revealed.
This is obviously good news but the Diamondbacks have still decided to shut Miller down for at least another week. The 27-year-old right-hander has been dreadful since returning from Tommy John surgery in June, going 0-4 with an 11.40 ERA before landing back on the DL last weekend with renewed elbow inflammation.
Miller averaged 11.3 FanDuel points per start during his brief work before the break. He fanned 19 batters and walked 7 across 15 innings during that stretch.
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Orioles' Trey Mancini (cancer) expects to miss season April 28th, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser says exit was precautionary March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Luis Urias (wrist) participating in batting practice March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser leaves early with 'discomfort' March 2nd, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019