Phillies' Pat Neshek avoids structural damage in shoulder
Philadelphia Phillies reliever Pat Neshek didn't suffer structural damage in his right shoulder, an MRI taken on Thursday revealed.
Neshek is dealing with inflammation and will be shut down for a couple more weeks but the 37-year-old right-hander avoided serious injury. He was placed on the disabled list last week after being ruled out for Opening Day.
numberFire's models project Neshek to record a 2.84 ERA and 1.04 WHIP with 65 strikeouts across 60 1/3 innings this season.
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Phillies acquire Kyle Garlick in trade with Dodgers February 15th, 2020
- Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after two seasons, per report October 10th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Phillies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Brad Miller starting for Phillies in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Deivi Grullon catching for Philadelphia on Saturday September 28th, 2019