Blue Jays place Troy Tulowitzki (ankle) on 60-day disabled list
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is on the 60-day disabled list with a right ankle injury.
Tulowitzki met with an ankle specialist on Wednesday, and since he landed on the 60-day DL instead of the 10-day, the diagnosis must not have been great. Aledmys Diaz, previously of the St. Louis Cardinals, will open the year as the Blue Jays' primary shortstop. They host right-hander Luis Severino and the New York Yankees on Opening Day.
Prior to this announcement, numberFire's models projected Tulowitzki to bat .255 with 15 home runs, 56 RBI, and 46 RBI in 431 plate appearances this season.
- Josh Reddick sitting for Arizona Monday June 14th, 2021
- Tim Locastro starting for Arizona Monday June 14th, 2021
- Twins starting Alex Kirilloff in right field on Monday night June 14th, 2021
- Josh Rojas batting leadoff for Diamondbacks Monday June 14th, 2021
- Twins place Rob Refsnyder (hamstring) on 10-day injured list June 14th, 2021
- Diamondbacks give Asdrubal Cabrera Monday evening off June 14th, 2021
- Yankees' Luke Voit (oblique) begins rehab assignment June 14th, 2021
- Clint Frazier in Yankees' Sunday lineup June 13th, 2021
- Aaron Judge (back spasms) not in Yankees' Sunday lineup June 13th, 2021
- Rougned Odor hitting sixth in Yankees' Saturday lineup against Phillies June 12th, 2021
- Brett Gardner in center field for Yankees on Saturday June 12th, 2021
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton resting on Saturday June 12th, 2021