New York Mets sign Todd Frazier to 2-year/$17M deal
The New York Mets have signed free-agent third baseman Todd Frazier to a two-year, $17M deal.
Frazier fills a significant need at third base for the Mets, allowing Asdrubal Cabrera to shift over to second, his ideal position. Jose Reyes now moves to a reserve utility man role, backing up Frazier, Cabrera, and Amed Rosario at short. Frazier brings another power bat to a potent Mets' lineup.
Frazier has a down season with the Chicago White Sox and New York Yankees, batting .213 with 27 homers, 76 RBI, and a .335 wOBA in 576 plate appearances.
- Kevin Kiermaier 'very upset' over Rays' recent moves February 19th, 2018
- Nationals' Bryce Harper not talking beyond 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson expects to become free agent following 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Toronto's Troy Tulowitzki (heel) unsure if he'll be ready for Opening Day February 19th, 2018
- Red Sox still 'open' to signing J.D. Martinez February 19th, 2018
- Reds' outfield will be 'rotational unless performance dictates otherwise' February 19th, 2018
- Yankees' Aaron Judge says left shoulder 'right on schedule' February 14th, 2018
- Rangers trade MLB rights of Seahawks' quarterback Russell Wilson to Yankees for future considerations February 7th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017