Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Boston Red Sox have offered free agent outfielder J.D. Martinez a five-year, $100 million contract.
Previous reports said that the Red Sox were holding out for Martinez and that they had offered him a five-year deal. Olney now has the numbers, which are nowhere near the seven-year, $180-210 million deal Martinez and agent Scott Boras are looking for. The 30-year-old could remain on the market into spring training.
Between the Detroit Tigers and Arizona Diamondbacks a year ago, Martinez bombed 45 home runs and drove in 104 RBI in 119 games. His .430 wOBA represented a career-high through 7 seasons.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Diamondbacks sign Alex Avila to two-year deal January 31st, 2018
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017