Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal
According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Boston Red Sox have offered free agent outfielder J.D. Martinez a five-year, $100 million contract.
Previous reports said that the Red Sox were holding out for Martinez and that they had offered him a five-year deal. Olney now has the numbers, which are nowhere near the seven-year, $180-210 million deal Martinez and agent Scott Boras are looking for. The 30-year-old could remain on the market into spring training.
Between the Detroit Tigers and Arizona Diamondbacks a year ago, Martinez bombed 45 home runs and drove in 104 RBI in 119 games. His .430 wOBA represented a career-high through 7 seasons.
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Cincinnati Reds acquire outfielder Matt Kemp in multi-player trade on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez starting for Boston in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Steve Pearce in Boston's Game 4 lineup October 27th, 2018
- Andrew Benintendi starting in Game 4 for Boston October 27th, 2018
- Mitch Moreland not in Red Sox' lineup in Game 4 October 27th, 2018