Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Rich Hill (blister) placed on the 10-day DL by the Dodgers May 20th, 2018
- Rajai Davis is not starting on Sunday for Cleveland May 20th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer is absent from Cleveland's Sunday night lineup May 20th, 2018
- Erik Gonzalez is not in the Indians' lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Melky Cabrera making his Indians' debut on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Yonder Alonso starting at first for Cleveland on Sunday night May 20th, 2018
- Evan Gattis is not in the Astros' lineup Sunday night May 20th, 2018
- Josh Reddick is starting in right field for Houston on Sunday May 20th, 2018
- Astros' Derek Fisher out of the lineup on Saturday May 19th, 2018
- Astros' Max Stassi on the bench Saturday against Indians May 19th, 2018
- Evan Gattis in as DH Saturday for Astros May 19th, 2018
- Brian McCann starting at catcher Saturday for Houston May 19th, 2018