Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Ronald Acuña avoids structural damage in elbow, day-to-day for Braves August 16th, 2018
- Joey Wendle batting second for Rays in Thursday's series finale August 16th, 2018
- Matt Duffy on Rays' bench against Yankees August 16th, 2018
- Tommy Pham (foot) active, starting for Tampa Bay on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Yankees' Kyle Higashioka starting on Thursday afternoon August 16th, 2018
- Gleyber Torres back for Yankees after one-game breather August 16th, 2018
- Tyler White in Astros' lineup versus Rockies August 15th, 2018
- Kyle Tucker on Astros' bench versus Colorado August 15th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Max Stassi moves into Astros' lineup on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Alex Bregman moves into Astros' leadoff spot versus Rockies August 15th, 2018
- Evan Gattis moves into Astros' seven-hole versus Rockies August 14th, 2018