Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates
The Houston Astros are acquiring pitcher Gerrit Cole from the Pittsburgh Pirates, reports MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
The Pirates have been shopping Cole over the winter and the Astros needed starting pitching. While there's nothing official on the return, big-time pitching prospect Forrest Whitley is expected to be left out of the deal. Derek Fisher -- who appeared in the majors a year ago -- could be included. Cole has an unsolved arbitration case and the deadline for filing that number is Friday.
In 2017, Cole went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 196 strikeouts in 203 innings.
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Brewers' Ryan Braun will only play left field and first base in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Angels lowering right field wall in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Pirates' Joe Musgrove experiencing shoulder discomfort February 19th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018