Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich
According to FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman, the belief is that the Miami Marlins will retain, not trade, outfielder Christian Yelich.
Miami has already unloaded outfielders Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna. But, by shedding their financial obligations, the Marlins believe that they've opened up enough space to hold the 26-year-old Yelich. After all, he's set to make just $7 million and $9.25 million over the next two seasons.
Over 156 games, Yelich hit .282 with 18 home runs, 81 RBI and 16 stolen bases in 2017.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017