Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich
According to FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman, the belief is that the Miami Marlins will retain, not trade, outfielder Christian Yelich.
Miami has already unloaded outfielders Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna. But, by shedding their financial obligations, the Marlins believe that they've opened up enough space to hold the 26-year-old Yelich. After all, he's set to make just $7 million and $9.25 million over the next two seasons.
Over 156 games, Yelich hit .282 with 18 home runs, 81 RBI and 16 stolen bases in 2017.
- Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt from the Diamondbacks December 5th, 2018
- Nationals sign pitcher Patrick Corbin to 6-year, $140M deal December 4th, 2018
- Jay Bruce headed to Seattle as part of Robinson Cano trade December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle finalizes Edwin Diaz trade to the New York Mets December 3rd, 2018
- Seattle's Robinson Cano long-rumoured trade to Mets finally official December 3rd, 2018
- Carlos Santana dealt to Seattle from Philadelphia on Monday December 3rd, 2018
- Eric Bledsoe leads Milwaukee past Indiana on Friday October 20th, 2018
- Travis Shaw starting in Game 6 for Milwaukee October 19th, 2018
- Hernan Perez sitting in Game 6 for Milwaukee October 19th, 2018
- Erik Kratz behind Brewers' bag versus Dodgers Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Hernan Perez starting for Brewers in National League Championship Series Game 5 October 17th, 2018
- Manny Pina out of Milwaukee's lineup in Game 5 Wednesday October 17th, 2018