Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees
According to FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman, the Miami Marlins have agreed on a deal to send outfielder Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Yankees.
The deal hasn't been made official yet, but Miami's return is expected to be second baseman Starlin Castro along with a few prospects, none of which have been identified yet. Stanton is fully expected to approve the trade to New York, having named the Yankees as one of the teams he would be willing to be traded to despite his no-trade clause. There's been no word on if the Marlins will pay any of the money remaining on the slugger's 13-year, $325 million contract.
In 2017, Stanton led the majors with 59 home runs. He slashed .281/.376/.631 and finished the year 5th among all hitters with a 3.80 nERD.
- Austin Barnes not starting for Los Angeles in Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Dodgers' Matt Kemp sitting out Game 3 of the NLCS on Monday October 15th, 2018
- David Freese heads to the Dodgers' bench for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Chris Taylor not in the Dogers' lineup for Game 3 on Monday October 15th, 2018
- Yasmani Grandal catching for Dodgers in Game 3 of National League Championship Series October 15th, 2018
- Cody Bellinger starting for Dodgers against Milwaukee in Game 3 October 15th, 2018
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius to have Tommy John surgery October 12th, 2018
- Aaron Hicks (hamstring) starting in Game 4 for Yankees on Tuesday October 9th, 2018
- Neil Walker starting for New York on Tuesday in Game 4 October 9th, 2018
- Miguel Andujar sitting on Tuesday in Game 4 for New York October 9th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen not in Yankees' Game 4 lineup on Tuesday October 9th, 2018
- Aaron Hicks (hamstring) remains out for Yankees in Game 3 October 8th, 2018