Reds' Scooter Gennett out of the starting lineup
Cincinnati Reds infielder Scooter Gennett is out of the starting lineup for Friday's road game against the Chicago Cubs.
Zack Cozart (quad) is back in the lineup starting at shortstop this afternoon, and Jose Peraza will slide over to second base, sending Gennett to the bench.
Gennett has a career-high .370 wOBA through 138 games in 2017, and numberFire's models project him to bat .300 in a small sample over the remainder of the season.
- White Sox' Nate Jones (arm) to be shut down for two weeks following setback July 21st, 2018
- Tampa's Chris Archer drawing 'significant' interest from other teams July 21st, 2018
- Cleveland's Bradley Zimmer undergoes shoulder surgery, out 8-12 months July 21st, 2018
- Rockies place DJ LeMahieu (oblique) on the 10-day disabled list July 21st, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (foot) to see specialist, undergo MRI July 21st, 2018
- Mariners' Chris Herrmann out against the White Sox July 21st, 2018
- Curt Casali starting for Reds on Saturday July 21st, 2018
- Joey Votto starting for Reds on Saturday July 21st, 2018
- Phillip Ervin sitting on Saturday for Cincinnati July 21st, 2018
- Tucker Barnhart not in Reds' lineup on Saturday July 21st, 2018
- Pirates-Reds start will be pushed back by rain on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Reds' Joey Votto out against Pittsburgh July 20th, 2018