Reds' Scooter Gennett out of the starting lineup
Cincinnati Reds infielder Scooter Gennett is out of the starting lineup for Friday's road game against the Chicago Cubs.
Zack Cozart (quad) is back in the lineup starting at shortstop this afternoon, and Jose Peraza will slide over to second base, sending Gennett to the bench.
Gennett has a career-high .370 wOBA through 138 games in 2017, and numberFire's models project him to bat .300 in a small sample over the remainder of the season.
- Brewers option Keon Broxton to Triple-A March 24th, 2018
- Rangers release Bartolo Colon to avoid salary guarantee March 24th, 2018
- Giants' Madison Bumgarner fractures his hand, out indefinitely March 23rd, 2018
- Twins' Miguel Sano avoids suspension for assault allegations March 23rd, 2018
- Boston's Steven Wright (knee) suspended 15 games for domestic violence March 23rd, 2018
- Michael Conforto not expected to make Mets' opening roster March 23rd, 2018
- Reds claim Kennys Vargas from the Twins March 22nd, 2018
- Reds sign Eugenio Suarez to seven-year extension March 16th, 2018
- Reds' Anthony DeSclafani out indefinitely with strained oblique March 11th, 2018
- Reds' Billy Hamilton (finger) is in the lineup on Thursday March 8th, 2018
- Billy Hamilton (finger) hoping to return for Reds on Thursday March 7th, 2018
- Reds' Billy Hamilton diagnosed with sprained finger March 6th, 2018