Rockies acquire reliever Pat Neshek from Phillies
The Colorado Rockies acquired relief pitcher Pat Neshek from the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.
In order to obtain the right-handed reliever, the Rockies gave up minor league infielder Jose Gomez, in addition to minor league pitchers J.D. Hammer and Alejandro Requena. The 36-year-old Neshek has had a great season and appeared in this year's midseason classic.
In 43 appearances and 40 1/3 innings, Neshek is 3-2 with 10 holds and a 1.94 FIP. We project him for a 2-1 record, 24 strikeouts and 8 earned runs in 24-plus innings the rest of the season.
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Phillies acquire Kyle Garlick in trade with Dodgers February 15th, 2020
- Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after two seasons, per report October 10th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Phillies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Brad Miller starting for Phillies in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Deivi Grullon catching for Philadelphia on Saturday September 28th, 2019