San Diego acquires Matt Strahm from Kansas City
The San Diego Padres have acquired pitchers Matt Strahm and Travis Wood along with infielder Esteury Ruiz in exchange for Trevor Cahill, Brandon Maurer, and Ryan Buchter from the Kansas City Royals.
The 25-year-old Strahm is perhaps the biggest piece the Padres are getting back in the six-player deal as the pitcher posted a 1.21 ERA and a 30 punchouts in 22 innings pitched last season. Strahm is currently out for the season after undergoing surgery on his left knee.
Through 24 appearances (including 3 starts) Strahm posted a 5.19 xFIP and 1.50 WHIP while striking out 37 batters in 34 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Yankees trade starting pitcher Sonny Gray to the Reds January 21st, 2019
- Ben Gamel dealt to Milwaukee on Friday by Seattle December 21st, 2018
- Mariners acquire Domingo Santana from Milwaukee December 21st, 2018
- Kyle Farmer headed to Cincinnati in seven-player trade December 21st, 2018
- Dodgers move Yasiel Puig to Cincinnati on Friday December 21st, 2018
- Alex Wood traded to Cincinnati in seven-player deal December 21st, 2018
- Jose Pirela starting for San Diego on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Austin Hedges starting at catcher on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg sitting for Padres on Subday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Wil Myers batting second on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Javy Guerra starting at shortstop on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Padres' Jose Pirela resting on Saturday September 29th, 2018