San Diego acquires Matt Strahm from Kansas City
The San Diego Padres have acquired pitchers Matt Strahm and Travis Wood along with infielder Esteury Ruiz in exchange for Trevor Cahill, Brandon Maurer, and Ryan Buchter from the Kansas City Royals.
The 25-year-old Strahm is perhaps the biggest piece the Padres are getting back in the six-player deal as the pitcher posted a 1.21 ERA and a 30 punchouts in 22 innings pitched last season. Strahm is currently out for the season after undergoing surgery on his left knee.
Through 24 appearances (including 3 starts) Strahm posted a 5.19 xFIP and 1.50 WHIP while striking out 37 batters in 34 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Seattle's Justus Sheffield to pitch on Friday out of the bullpen April 23rd, 2019
- Mariners' Yusei Kikuchi to make a shortened start on Friday April 23rd, 2019
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco being sent for an MRI on his left knee April 23rd, 2019
- Cubs' Addison Russell (suspension) to begin playing games in Triple-A on Wednesday April 23rd, 2019
- Rangers' Hunter Pence starting at DH Tuesday night April 23rd, 2019
- Delino DeShields is not starting Tuesday for Texas April 23rd, 2019
- Austin Hedges starting on Sunday for Padres April 21st, 2019
- Franmil Reyes starting on Sunday for Padres April 21st, 2019
- Manuel Margot in San Diego's Sunday lineup April 21st, 2019
- Jose Pirela sitting for Padres on Sunday April 21st, 2019
- Hunter Renfroe sitting on Sunday for Padres April 21st, 2019
- Francisco Mejia not in Padres' Sunday lineup April 21st, 2019