San Diego acquires Matt Strahm from Kansas City
The San Diego Padres have acquired pitchers Matt Strahm and Travis Wood along with infielder Esteury Ruiz in exchange for Trevor Cahill, Brandon Maurer, and Ryan Buchter from the Kansas City Royals.
The 25-year-old Strahm is perhaps the biggest piece the Padres are getting back in the six-player deal as the pitcher posted a 1.21 ERA and a 30 punchouts in 22 innings pitched last season. Strahm is currently out for the season after undergoing surgery on his left knee.
Through 24 appearances (including 3 starts) Strahm posted a 5.19 xFIP and 1.50 WHIP while striking out 37 batters in 34 2/3 innings pitched this season.
- Mariners send James Paxton to Yankees for 3 minor leaguers November 19th, 2018
- Kike Hernandez starting in center field for Dodgers on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Dodgers' Cody Bellinger not starting in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Jose Pirela starting for San Diego on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Austin Hedges starting at catcher on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg sitting for Padres on Subday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Wil Myers batting second on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Padres' Javy Guerra starting at shortstop on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Padres' Jose Pirela resting on Saturday September 29th, 2018