Red Sox with "keen interest" in Philadelphia's Pat Neshek
The Boston Red Sox have shown a "keen interest" in Philadelphia Phillies reliever Pat Neshek, according to WEEI's Rob Bradford.
As the Red Sox compete for a World Series title, it comes as no surprise that they're looking to build up their bullpen. And as for the Phillies, they're in the middle of a rebuild, so moving a 36-year-old reliever for assets is the obvious move if they decide to do so.
In 38 appearances this season, Neshek sports a 2.27 FIP -- a career-best -- while stranding 92.5% of runners. He was Philadelphia's lone All-Star in Tuesday night's midsummer classic.
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- Phillies acquire Kyle Garlick in trade with Dodgers February 15th, 2020
- Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after two seasons, per report October 10th, 2019
- Andrew Knapp catching for Phillies in Game 162 September 29th, 2019
- Brad Miller starting for Phillies in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Deivi Grullon catching for Philadelphia on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Phillies' Phil Gosselin in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019