Diamondbacks' Daniel Descalso out of lineup on Sunday
Arizona Diamondbacks utility man Daniel Descalso is not in Sunday's lineup.
Descalso is Arizona's defensive Swiss army knife, but even players with great versatility don't have indefinite durability. He's getting a day off and will be spelled in left field by Jeremy Hazelbaker.
Arizona hitters have the 11th-highest implied total (4.89 runs) on the day, are playing in Citizen's Bank Ballpark's bandbox atmosphere (1.031 park factor), and are facing a starter in Ben Lively who has struck out just 5.9 percent of the batter's he's faced in 2017. This is a sneaky-good opportunity for hitters.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Willson Contreras out of the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019