Eric Skoglund dazzles for Royals in big league debut
Kansas City Royals pitcher Eric Skoglund was magnificent in his major league debut Tuesday, hurling 6 1/3 scoreless frames while giving up just two hits in a 1-0 victory over the Detroit Tigers.
The two hits were a pair of singles, one in the first inning and the other in the sixth, while Skoglund walked just one batter and fanned five in the impressive debut performance. He's someone that could be worth rostering in deeper fantasy formats. The 24-year-old southpaw will face the Houston Astros at home and the San Diego Padres on the road next week.
Skoglund recorded a 4.53 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 21.7 strikeout percentage across 43 2/3 innings (eight starts) this season for Triple-A Omaha.
- Athletics' Mark Canha not starting on Monday afternoon June 25th, 2018
- Chad Pinder out of the Athletics' lineup on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Athletics call up Edwin Jackson for 2018 debut Monday June 25th, 2018
- Grayson Greiner behind the plate for Detroit versus Oakland June 25th, 2018
- Dixon Machado starting for Detroit on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Niko Goodrum hitting second for Tigers on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Salvador Perez is starting behind the plate Monday for Royals June 25th, 2018
- Mike Moustakas is sitting out Monday in Kansas City June 25th, 2018
- Whit Merrifield returns to Royals' lineup on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Drew Butera moves back to Royals' bench on Monday June 25th, 2018
- Royals' Adalberto Mondesi starting on Sunday afternoon June 24th, 2018
- Salvador Perez on Royals' bench against Astros June 24th, 2018