Eric Skoglund dazzles for Royals in big league debut
Kansas City Royals pitcher Eric Skoglund was magnificent in his major league debut Tuesday, hurling 6 1/3 scoreless frames while giving up just two hits in a 1-0 victory over the Detroit Tigers.
The two hits were a pair of singles, one in the first inning and the other in the sixth, while Skoglund walked just one batter and fanned five in the impressive debut performance. He's someone that could be worth rostering in deeper fantasy formats. The 24-year-old southpaw will face the Houston Astros at home and the San Diego Padres on the road next week.
Skoglund recorded a 4.53 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 21.7 strikeout percentage across 43 2/3 innings (eight starts) this season for Triple-A Omaha.
- Carlos Martinez (shoulder) offseason program displeasing Cardinals February 20th, 2019
- Manny Machado reportedly agrees to 10-year, $300 million deal with Padres February 19th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith (elbow) may miss Japan series February 19th, 2019
- Cardinals' Carlos Martinez (shoulder) not throwing for 2 weeks February 19th, 2019
- Giants' Bruce Bochy to retire after this season February 18th, 2019
- Angels' Justin Upton dealing with patellar tendinitis February 18th, 2019
- Brett Phillips will start for Royals on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018
- Rosell Herrera in Royals' starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Royals' Salvador Perez is in the starting lineup on Sunday September 30th, 2018
- Meibrys Viloria starting behind the plate for Royals on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Royals' Alcides Escobar starting at third base on Saturday September 29th, 2018
- Royals' Salvador Perez sitting on Saturday September 29th, 2018