Pirates' Gregory Polanco day-to-day with ankle sprain
Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Gregory Polanco is expected to miss a couple games after being diagnosed with a sprained right ankle.
Things looked a lot worse as Polanco was carted off the field on Monday after running into the side wall. Luckily for the Pirates and Polanco, the injury does not appear to be serious and won't require a DL stint, just a few days off. Jose Osuna filled in on Monday and will likely get a few starts in right field this week.
Osuna is batting .231 with a .322 wOBA in 86 plate appearances. He has 3 home runs, 12 RBI's, and 13 runs scored this season.
- Skal Labissiere starting for Sacramento on Tuesday night January 23rd, 2018
- Austin Jackson signs 2-year deal with San Francisco January 22nd, 2018
- Dejounte Murray listed as a starter on Sunday as Spurs face Pacers January 21st, 2018
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Update: 'No deal' between Astros and Pirates on Gerrit Cole January 10th, 2018
- Report: Astros land Gerrit Cole in trade with Pirates January 10th, 2018
- Elias Diaz not in Pirates' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017