Pirates' Gregory Polanco day-to-day with ankle sprain
Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Gregory Polanco is expected to miss a couple games after being diagnosed with a sprained right ankle.
Things looked a lot worse as Polanco was carted off the field on Monday after running into the side wall. Luckily for the Pirates and Polanco, the injury does not appear to be serious and won't require a DL stint, just a few days off. Jose Osuna filled in on Monday and will likely get a few starts in right field this week.
Osuna is batting .231 with a .322 wOBA in 86 plate appearances. He has 3 home runs, 12 RBI's, and 13 runs scored this season.
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Andre Ethier is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley will not start in Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe is in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup on Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Elias Diaz not in Pirates' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017
- Sean Rodriguez not starting for Pittsburgh on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Gregory Polanco out on Sunday for Pirates October 1st, 2017
- Adam Frazier out on Sunday for Pirates October 1st, 2017
- Jacob Stallings in at catcher on Sunday for Pirates October 1st, 2017
- David Freese in Pirates' lineup against Washington October 1st, 2017