Pirates' Gregory Polanco day-to-day with ankle sprain
Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Gregory Polanco is expected to miss a couple games after being diagnosed with a sprained right ankle.
Things looked a lot worse as Polanco was carted off the field on Monday after running into the side wall. Luckily for the Pirates and Polanco, the injury does not appear to be serious and won't require a DL stint, just a few days off. Jose Osuna filled in on Monday and will likely get a few starts in right field this week.
Osuna is batting .231 with a .322 wOBA in 86 plate appearances. He has 3 home runs, 12 RBI's, and 13 runs scored this season.
- Gregor Blanco sitting on Thursday for Diamondbacks August 17th, 2017
- Jose Altuve hitting third for Astros August 17th, 2017
- Houston's Alex Bregman batting second on Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Jason Heyward out of the Cubs' lineup against Cincinnati August 17th, 2017
- Clayton Kershaw (back) could begin rehab assignment Monday for Dodgers August 17th, 2017
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist moves down to fifth in the batting order August 17th, 2017
- Pittsburgh's Josh Bell in the lineup against Milwaukee August 15th, 2017
- Chris Stewart starting at catcher for the Pirates August 15th, 2017
- Pirates' Adam Frazier batting sixth on Tuesday August 15th, 2017
- Francisco Cervelli not in the Pirates' starting lineup Tuesday August 15th, 2017
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco (hamstring) placed on 10-day DL August 15th, 2017
- Pirates' Francisco Cervelli (wrist) says swinging bat is still painful August 14th, 2017