Pirates' Gregory Polanco day-to-day with ankle sprain
Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Gregory Polanco is expected to miss a couple games after being diagnosed with a sprained right ankle.
Things looked a lot worse as Polanco was carted off the field on Monday after running into the side wall. Luckily for the Pirates and Polanco, the injury does not appear to be serious and won't require a DL stint, just a few days off. Jose Osuna filled in on Monday and will likely get a few starts in right field this week.
Osuna is batting .231 with a .322 wOBA in 86 plate appearances. He has 3 home runs, 12 RBI's, and 13 runs scored this season.
- Craig Gentry enters Orioles' lineup in left field April 21st, 2018
- Orioles' Trey Mancini (knee) avoids structural damage, out of Saturday lineup April 21st, 2018
- Cardinals' Kolten Wong starting at second base against Reds April 21st, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler reenters the lineup on Saturday April 21st, 2018
- Cardinals' Jedd Gyorko on the bench Saturday against Cincinnati April 21st, 2018
- Cardinals' Tommy Pham back out of lineup on Saturday April 21st, 2018
- Colin Moran returning to Thursday's lineup for Pirates April 19th, 2018
- David Freese to come off Pirates' bench on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Pirates' Francisco Cervelli behind the plate Thursday against Phillies April 19th, 2018
- Pittsburgh's Elias Diaz out of lineup on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Pirates' Sean Rodriguez returns to bench on Thursday April 19th, 2018
- Corey Dickerson back in Pirates' lineup Thursday night April 19th, 2018