Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Dodgers' Austin Barnes is out of the lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Joc Pederson is out of the Dodgers' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is behind the plate for the Dodgers in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Dodgers' Curtis Granderson is batting sixth in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Carlos Ruiz is out Sunday for Seattle October 1st, 2017
- Mike Marjama is starting Sunday for Mariners October 1st, 2017
- Mariners' Mike Zunino is out of Saturday night's lineup September 30th, 2017
- Carlos Ruiz catching Saturday for Seattle September 30th, 2017
- Mariners' Danny Valencia sitting on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Yonder Alonso starting Saturday for the Mariners September 30th, 2017