Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Brewers' Zach Davies starting rehab stint Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (back) will make a rehab start on Saturday June 19th, 2018
- Cubs' Yu Darvish (triceps) to throw simulated game Wednesday June 19th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre launches 3-run homer Monday for Rangers June 19th, 2018
- Shin-Soo Choo's huge night helps Rangers topple Royals June 19th, 2018
- Marcus Stroman expected to return for Blue Jays this weekend June 19th, 2018
- Jeff Mathis starting for Arizona on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Alex Avila on Diamondbacks' bench versus Angels June 18th, 2018
- Daniel Descalso playing designated hitter as Diamondbacks visit Angels June 18th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed starting for Diamondbacks on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed out of Arizona's Sunday lineup June 17th, 2018
- J.R. Murphy not in D-Backs' starting lineup June 17th, 2018