Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Alen Hanson a late add to the White Sox lineup August 17th, 2017
- White Sox' Avisail Garcia scratched with wrist soreness August 17th, 2017
- Hyun Soo Kim is starting in right field for Philadelphia August 17th, 2017
- Nick Williams batting third for Phillies on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Cameron Perkins is not in the Phillies' Thursday lineup August 17th, 2017
- Tommy Joseph dropped to seventh in the Phillies' batting order August 17th, 2017
- Jarrod Dyson returns to Mariners' bench against Orioles August 16th, 2017
- Danny Espinosa is not in Mariners' Wednesday lineup August 16th, 2017
- Leonys Martin will hit ninth Wednesday in Seattle August 16th, 2017
- Mike Zunino moving down to eighth Wednesday in Seattle August 16th, 2017
- Ben Gamel returns to Mariners' lineup on Wednesday August 16th, 2017
- Seattle's Danny Valencia heads over to third base Wednesday August 16th, 2017