Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Chris Archer to start Opening Day for Tampa Bay March 23rd, 2017
- Yasmany Tomas should be ready for Diamondbacks' Opening Day March 23rd, 2017
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera (back) unsure of his status for Opening Day March 23rd, 2017
- Angels will be without Luis Valbuena (hamstring) 4-6 weeks March 23rd, 2017
- Diamondbacks' A.J. Pollock (groin) now targeting Friday return March 23rd, 2017
- Rockies sending Jeff Hoffman to Triple-A Albuquerque March 23rd, 2017
- Jarrod Dyson to bat leadoff for the Mariners January 29th, 2017
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Rays swap Drew Smyly to Mariners for prospect haul including Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns January 6th, 2017
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017
- Mariners still flirting with idea of Reds' Zack Cozart November 16th, 2016