Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Franklin Gutierrez in left field for Los Angeles June 22nd, 2017
- Joc Pederson on Dodgers' bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers starting Enrique Hernandez on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Corey Seager out of lineup for Dodgers on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Mets' T.J. Rivera heads back to the bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley out of lineup on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Mitch Haniger batting second again for Seattle June 22nd, 2017
- Mariners' Ben Gamel dropped to seventh in the lineup Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Guillermo Heredia starting in center field for Seattle June 22nd, 2017
- Jarrod Dyson is not in the Mariners' lineup Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Seattle's Andrew Moore making his big league debut Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Mariners' Taylor Motter sitting Wednesday out June 21st, 2017