Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Rays swap Drew Smyly to Mariners for prospect haul including Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017 January 11th, 2017
- Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion January 6th, 2017
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017
- Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier December 26th, 2016
- Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns January 6th, 2017
- Jorge Soler heading to Kansas City in swap with Cubs December 7th, 2016
- Cubs get Wade Davis in trade with Royals December 7th, 2016
- Blue Jays agree to three-year deal with Kendrys Morales November 11th, 2016
- Royals' Wade Davis drawing lots of trade interest October 14th, 2016
- Eric Hosmer out Sunday for Royals October 2nd, 2016