Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Mariners' Ryon Healy down 4-6 weeks following hand surgery February 15th, 2018
- Mariners' Ryon Healy undergoing tests for hand injury February 14th, 2018
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Carlos Ruiz is out Sunday for Seattle October 1st, 2017
- Mike Marjama is starting Sunday for Mariners October 1st, 2017
- Mariners' Mike Zunino is out of Saturday night's lineup September 30th, 2017