Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- David Freese in the lineup for Pittsburgh on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Jose Osuna gets starting nod on Wednesday for Pirates April 25th, 2018
- Elias Diaz in Pittsburgh's Wednesday night lineup April 25th, 2018
- Sean Rodriguez leading off for Pirates on Wednesday night April 25th, 2018
- Max Moroff starting on Wednesday for Pittsburgh April 25th, 2018
- James McCann sitting out second leg of Tigers' double-header April 25th, 2018
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis catching on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Chris Owings returns to the Diamondbacks' lineup against Philadelphia April 25th, 2018
- Arizona's Alex Avila out against the Phillies April 25th, 2018
- Nick Ahmed out of the Diamondbacks' lineup on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Jeff Mathis out of Arizona's lineup on Tuesday April 24th, 2018
- Jarrod Dyson moves down to eighth in Diamondbacks' lineup on Tuesday April 24th, 2018