Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns
The Seattle Mariners have acquired outfielder Jarrod Dyson from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for starting pitcher Nate Karns according to Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune.
Dyson should get a starting spot in the Mariners' outfield and could be a strong source of stolen bases in 2017. Karns is under team control until 2020 and while his overall numbers aren't eye popping, he has flashed some strikeout potential with a 23.5 strikeout rate over his first 265 1/2 major league innings.
Over 337 plate appearances in 2016, Dyson posted a .316 wOBA with 46 runs scored and 30 stolen bases.
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Carlos Ruiz is out Sunday for Seattle October 1st, 2017
- Mike Marjama is starting Sunday for Mariners October 1st, 2017
- Mariners' Mike Zunino is out of Saturday night's lineup September 30th, 2017
- Carlos Ruiz catching Saturday for Seattle September 30th, 2017
- Mariners' Danny Valencia sitting on Saturday September 30th, 2017