Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion
The Cleveland Indians have officially signed first baseman/designated hitter Edwin Encarnacion to a three-year, $60 million contract with a $25 million club option for 2020.
The contract is official after Encarnacion passed a physical on Wednesday. He matched a career best with 42 homers in 2016, so Encarnacion will bring some much-needed pop to the Indians' lineup.
Along with slugging 42 homers, Encarnacion had a .373 wOBA and a career-best 127 RBI's in 2016.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Cleveland signs Rajai Davis to a minor league contract February 17th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder inflammation) 'a couple weeks behind' February 15th, 2018
- Michael Brantley not in Indians' ALDS Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall not in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Austin Jackson starting in left field for Game 5 in Cleveland October 11th, 2017