Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion
The Cleveland Indians have officially signed first baseman/designated hitter Edwin Encarnacion to a three-year, $60 million contract with a $25 million club option for 2020.
The contract is official after Encarnacion passed a physical on Wednesday. He matched a career best with 42 homers in 2016, so Encarnacion will bring some much-needed pop to the Indians' lineup.
Along with slugging 42 homers, Encarnacion had a .373 wOBA and a career-best 127 RBI's in 2016.
- Brewers' Zach Davies starting rehab stint Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (back) will make a rehab start on Saturday June 19th, 2018
- Cubs' Yu Darvish (triceps) to throw simulated game Wednesday June 19th, 2018
- Adrian Beltre launches 3-run homer Monday for Rangers June 19th, 2018
- Shin-Soo Choo's huge night helps Rangers topple Royals June 19th, 2018
- Marcus Stroman expected to return for Blue Jays this weekend June 19th, 2018
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (elbow) escapes serious damage June 18th, 2018
- Jason Kipnis returns to Cleveland's lineup on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Yan Gomes sitting out Monday as Indians host White Sox June 18th, 2018
- Erik Gonzalez absent from Indians' Monday lineup June 18th, 2018
- Yonder Alonso back at first base Monday for Indians June 18th, 2018
- Roberto Perez getting a start behind the plate Monday in Cleveland June 18th, 2018