Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion
The Cleveland Indians have officially signed first baseman/designated hitter Edwin Encarnacion to a three-year, $60 million contract with a $25 million club option for 2020.
The contract is official after Encarnacion passed a physical on Wednesday. He matched a career best with 42 homers in 2016, so Encarnacion will bring some much-needed pop to the Indians' lineup.
Along with slugging 42 homers, Encarnacion had a .373 wOBA and a career-best 127 RBI's in 2016.
- David Freese in the lineup for Pittsburgh on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Jose Osuna gets starting nod on Wednesday for Pirates April 25th, 2018
- Elias Diaz in Pittsburgh's Wednesday night lineup April 25th, 2018
- Sean Rodriguez leading off for Pirates on Wednesday night April 25th, 2018
- Max Moroff starting on Wednesday for Pittsburgh April 25th, 2018
- James McCann sitting out second leg of Tigers' double-header April 25th, 2018
- Roberto Perez on Indians' bench versus Cubs April 25th, 2018
- Tyler Naquin not starting for Indians on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer starting for Cleveland on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Yonder Alonso batting seventh for Indians on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Yan Gomes starting at catcher for Indians on Wednesday April 25th, 2018
- Bradley Zimmer out of Indians' lineup versus Cubs April 25th, 2018