Cardinals sign Dexter Fowler to five-year deal
The St. Louis Cardinals signed outfielder Dexter Fowler to a five-year, $82.5 million contract.
The dollar amount comes from FOX Sports'Ken Rosenthal. Fowler will likely man center and handle leadoff duties for St. Louis, while Matt Carpenter will move towards the middle of the order and Randal Grichuk becomes responsible for left field.
Fowler slashed .276/.393/.447 with 13 home runs, 48 RBI's and 13 steals over 551 plate appearances (125 games) with the Chicago Cubs this past season. His .840 OPS was a career-high.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Cardinals' Luke Gregerson (oblique) will face live hitters on Friday March 16th, 2018
- Cardinals' Matt Carpenter says back felt 'perfect' on Sunday March 11th, 2018
- Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) is playing in an intrasquad game Sunday March 11th, 2018
- Cardinals not in any rush to name closer March 9th, 2018
- Cardinals' Luke Gregerson dealing with 'minor' oblique strain March 8th, 2018
- Cardinals concerned about Matt Carpenter's (back) availability for Opening Day March 6th, 2018