Adam Eaton heading to Nationals following trade
The Washington Nationals acquired outfielder Adam Eaton from the Chicago White Sox in exchange for pitching prospects Lucas Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning.
This is a huge get for a Nationals team that intends to make some noise this offseason. Eaton projects to start in center and should provide a sizable boost for Washington's lineup. The asking price was so high for the 28-year-old due to a team-friendly contract that goes through 2021.
Eaton slashed .284/.362/.428 with 14 home, 59 RBI's and 14 stolen bases in 706 plate appearances (157 games) while earning a career-high 6.0 Wins Above Replacement.
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Nationals' Gio Gonzalez will start Game 5 of NLDS October 12th, 2017
- Nationals undecided on starter for NLDS Game 5 October 12th, 2017
- Tanner Roark could start Game 5 of NLDS for Nationals October 11th, 2017
- Nationals announce Stephen Strasburg as Game 4 starter October 11th, 2017
- Nationals' Stephen Strasburg expected to start Game 4 of NLDS October 11th, 2017