Red Sox have considered signing Jonathan Papelbon
Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said that the team has talked about signing free agent and former Red Sox pitcher Jonathan Papelbon.
Papelbon was released by the Washington Nationals on the weekend, and he is expected to sign with a new team very soon. Some other teams he has been linked to have included the Chicago Cubs and Miami Marlins.
The 35-year-old Papelbon may not have much left in the tank, and is posting career-worsts in ERA (4.37), SIERA (4.22) and strikeout rate (20.39 percent) on the season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019