Giants' Joe Panik experiences setback
San Francisco Giants second baseman Joe Panik (concussion) didn't play in a scheduled rehab game Thursday because he "didn't feel good," according to Giants manager Bruce Bochy.
Bochy did not use the term, "setback," but with a player who sustained a concussion, not feeling well is almost surely a sign of concussion symptoms. Panik has been out since late June and at this point it remains to be seen when he will resume his rehab games.
Panik has slashed .256/.321/.407 this year, with a .319 wOBA, 45 runs, 7 home runs, and 5 stolen bases. Our algorithm projects him to finish the year with 118 more plate appearances at a .306 wOBA clip when he returns.
- Pirates' Hoy Park leading off Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Guillermo Heredia sitting for Braves on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Joc Pederson in Braves' Tuesday lineup August 3rd, 2021
- DJ Peters hitting sixth for Texas on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Bryan Reynolds resting Tuesday for Pirates August 3rd, 2021
- Rangers' Jason Martin sitting on Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Jazz Chisholm joining Marlins' bench Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Marlins' Magneuris Sierra sitting Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Sandy Leon sitting Monday for Marlins August 2nd, 2021
- Brian Anderson sitting for Miami Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Alex Jackson catching for Marlins Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Isan Diaz batting fifth for Marlins Monday August 2nd, 2021