Red Sox place Koji Uehara (pec) on the disabled list
The Boston Red Sox placed reliever Koji Uehara on the 15-day disabled list with a right pectoral strain.
Uehara injured his pectoral against the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday. It's possible that this injury could keep Uehara, who was the interim closer with Craig Kimbrel out, sidelined for a lengthy period. The closer role will likely be taken over by Brad Ziegler, who's made three appearances -- all scoreless -- since being traded to Boston from the Arizona Diamondbacks. Ziegler owns a 2.61 ERA in 41 1/3 innings this season.
Uehara is having a much better season than his 4.50 ERA might indicate, and is sporting a 2.55 SIERA with a 35.17 percent strikeout rate. We project him to post a 3.24 ERA over the remainder of the season, pending the severity of his injury.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Thursday's Cubs-Marlins Game 2 postponed due to rain October 1st, 2020
- Jason Kipnis sitting in Thursday's Game 2 for Chicago October 1st, 2020
- David Bote starting for Chicago on Thursday in Game 2 October 1st, 2020
- Jason Heyward in right field for Cubs on Wednesday versus Marlins September 30th, 2020
- Victor Caratini at DH for Cubs in Game 1 on Wednesday September 30th, 2020
- Cubs' Kyle Hendricks to start against Marlins in Game 1 on Wednesday September 29th, 2020