Christopher Morel on Cubs bench Friday
Chicago Cubs infielder/outfielder Christopher Morel is not in the lineup for Friday afternoon's series opener against right-hander Noah Davis and the Colorado Rockies.
Morel will take a seat for the matinee after 10 straight starts. Jared Young will replace Morel at designated hitter and bat seventh.
numberFire’s models project Young ($4,000) for 8.1 FanDuel points on the single-game slate Friday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Cubs have an inviting implied total (5.22) for the matinee at Wrigley. Davis has a 3.72 xERA behind his 9.58 ERA, so he may have suffered from some poor luck across his 20 2/3 innings this season. The 26-year-old righty also has a poor 17.6% strikeout rate.
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Dansby Swanson not in Cubs' Sunday lineup October 1st, 2023
- Seiya Suzuki not in Sunday lineup for Chicago October 1st, 2023
- Cubs' Jared Young starting Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Ian Happ sitting Sunday for Cubs' season finale October 1st, 2023
- Mike Tauchman starting for Cubs Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Cody Bellinger sitting for Cubs' season finale October 1st, 2023