Christopher Morel on Cubs bench Friday
Chicago Cubs infielder/outfielder/designated hitter Christopher Morel is not in the lineup on Friday against right-hander Zac Gallen and the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Morel started at DH in Thursday's series opener and went 0-for-3 with a strikeout. Mike Tauchman will take over at DH on Friday afternoon while Cody Bellinger moves out to center field and Jeimer Candelario returns to first base. Nick Madrigal will start on the hot corner and hit eighth.
Tauchman has a $6,000 salary on Friday's single-game slate and numberFire's models project him for 8.9 FanDuel points. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Cubs' implied total is only 3.66 and the game total is a pitcher-friendly 7.5. Gallen rates in the top-10% of the league in walk rate (25.9%), but he's in the bottom-6% in hard-hit rate (45.9%).
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Dansby Swanson not in Cubs' Sunday lineup October 1st, 2023
- Seiya Suzuki not in Sunday lineup for Chicago October 1st, 2023
- Cubs' Jared Young starting Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Ian Happ sitting Sunday for Cubs' season finale October 1st, 2023
- Mike Tauchman starting for Cubs Sunday October 1st, 2023
- Cody Bellinger sitting for Cubs' season finale October 1st, 2023