Mets' Ronny Mauricio making MLB debut Friday
New York Mets infielder/outfielder Ronny Mauricio is in the lineup for Friday's series opener against right-hander Logan Gilbert and the Seattle Mariners.
Mauricio will start on second base and bat ninth in his MLB debut after the Mets called him up from Triple-A Syracuse on Friday to fill the expanded roster. The 22-year-old infielder slashed .295/.349/.511 with 23 homers, 71 RBI, and 24 stolen bases in Triple-A this season. Jeff McNeil will move to left field on Friday while Rafael Ortega takes a seat.
numberFire’s models project Mauricio ($2,000) for 6.4 FanDuel points on Friday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Mets' implied total is 3.77 and the game total is 7.5. Gilbert has mostly been above average this season, with a 3.66 ERA (3.68 xERA), 1.05 WHIP, and 24.7% strikeout rate. His 4.5% walk rate is one of the best in the league among qualified pitchers.
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Rafael Ortega in Mets' Saturday lineup for Game 1 September 30th, 2023
- Mark Vientos sitting Game 1 Saturday for Mets September 30th, 2023
- Phillies-Mets postponed on Friday due to weather September 29th, 2023
- Mets' Tim Locastro batting ninth on Thursday September 28th, 2023
- Francisco Alvarez catching for Mets on Thursday September 28th, 2023
- Tuesday's contest between Marlins and Mets postponed due to field conditions September 26th, 2023