Jorge Soler (hip) scratched Thursday for Marlins
Miami Marlins outfielder Jorge Soler (hip) has been scratched from Thursday's series opener against right-hander Joan Adon and the Washington Nationals.
Soler exited Tuesday's game against the Tampa Bay Rays due to right hip tightness and remained out for Wednesday's series finale. He was initially set to return as the Marlins' designated hitter on Thursday, but Soler is now out again. Josh Bell is starting at DH while Jake Burger takes over on first base and Yuli Gurriel moves to the bench. Garrett Hampson is starting on third base and batting seventh in Thursday's opener.
numberFire’s models project Bell ($2,800) for 12.7 FanDuel points and he's one of our top point-per-dollar values among batters on the main slate Thursday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Marlins have the highest implied total (4.68) on the short four-game slate and the game total is 8.5. Adon has registered a 5.25 ERA (4.33 xERA), 44.9% hard-hit rate, 20.8% strikeout rate, and 6.3% walk rate through 24 innings this season.
- Arizona's Evan Longoria taking over third base in Wednesday's World Series Game 5 matchup November 1st, 2023
- Rangers take Adolis Garcia (oblique) and Max Scherzer (back) off World Series roster October 31st, 2023
- Rangers starting Travis Jankowski in right field on Tuesday October 31st, 2023
- Adolis Garcia (side) out of Rangers' Tuesday World Series Game 4 lineup October 31st, 2023
- Diamondbacks starting Emmanuel Rivera at third base in Tuesday's World Series Game 4 matchup October 31st, 2023
- Arizona's Alek Thomas taking over center field in Friday's World Series Game 1 matchup October 27th, 2023
- Miami's Jacob Stallings behind the plate on Wednesday October 4th, 2023
- Miami's Jazz Chisholm Jr. in center field on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023
- Marlins starting Jake Burger at third base on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023
- Miami's Joey Wendle receives Tuesday off October 3rd, 2023
- Jorge Soler batting second for Marlins on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023
- Marlins bench Xavier Edwards on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023