Yankees release Neal Cotts
The New York Yankees released lefty reliever Neal Cotts.
Cotts signed a minor league deal with New York last month and posted a 4.91 ERA, 7.01 xFIP, and a 2/1 K/BB ratio over 7 1/3 innings in Triple-A. The 36-year-old will seek an opportunity with another club.
Cotts hasn't thrown a pitch in the big leagues this season, but threw 63 1/3 innings last season with the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins and posted a concerning 4.31 xFIP -- 20th worst among relievers. His 15.8 percent home-run-to-fly-ball ratio was 12th highest among relievers, but becoming a lefty specialist might help as eight of the 12 home runs he allowed last season were to righties. The Yankees currently have the best reliever xFIP this season at 3.17.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 7 lineup Saturday October 17th, 2020
- Aledmys Diaz not in Houston's Saturday lineup for Game 7 October 17th, 2020
- Houston's Aledmys Diaz starting in Friday's Game 6 lineup against Rays October 16th, 2020
- Martin Maldonado catching as Astros hope to avoid elimination October 14th, 2020
- Josh Reddick at DH for Astros versus Rays in Game 4 October 14th, 2020
- Dustin Garneau behind Astros' plate Tuesday October 13th, 2020