Indians option Cody Anderson to Triple-A
The Cleveland Indians optioned starting pitcher Cody Anderson to Triple-A Columbus.
Anderson came up for a Tuesday spot start while Danny Salazar works his way through shoulder fatigue. He allowed six runs on seven hits in 3 2/3 innings and will return to the minors to try to reboot his season. He will likely see future work with the Indians as the season unfolds, but the numbers to this point have not been encouraging.
In 11 starts prior to Wednesday's roster move, Anderson held a 7.48 ERA, 1.64 WHIP and 18.46 percent strikeout rate over 43 1/3 innings.
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Michael Brantley not in Indians' ALDS Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall not in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Austin Jackson starting in left field for Game 5 in Cleveland October 11th, 2017
- Jay Bruce drops to seventh in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) returns to Indians' lineup for Game 5 of ALDS October 11th, 2017
- Indians' Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) went through running drills on Tuesday October 10th, 2017