Jose Altuve (thumb surgery) out for Astros at least 2 months
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve underwent surgery on his right thumb Wednesday.
Altuve suffered a thumb fracture when he was hit by a pitch Saturday night in the World Baseball Classic. He's supposed to miss two months before resuming baseball activities. David Hensley and Mauricio Dubon are expected to cover second base for the Astros while Altuve is inactive.
Altuve averaged 12.1 FanDuel points per game last season and slashed .300/.387/.533 with 28 homers, 39 doubles, 57 RBI, 18 steals, and 103 runs scored across 604 plate appearances.
- Friday's game between Rays and Red Sox postponed due to inclement weather June 2nd, 2023
- Jose Trevino catching for Yankees on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- DJ LeMahieu not in Yankees' lineup on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Josh Donaldson batting fifth for New York on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Milwaukee's Corbin Burnes ejected on Friday in seventh inning June 2nd, 2023
- Willie Calhoun idle for Yankees on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Astros' Chas McCormick batting seventh on Friday June 2nd, 2023
- Yainer Diaz catching for Houston on Thursday June 1st, 2023
- Astros' Corey Julks batting seventh on Thursday June 1st, 2023
- Jose Altuve leading off for Astros on Thursday June 1st, 2023
- Mauricio Dubon leading off in Astros' Wednesday lineup May 31st, 2023