Indians' Cody Anderson whiffs nine over seven dominant innings
Cleveland Indians pitcher Cody Anderson fanned nine while allowing one run over seven innings to beat the Chicago White Sox in the second game of Monday's doubleheader.
Anderson had a 7.99 ERA in six starts and a relief appearance before being recalled to make the start tonight. He's expected to stick around and start against the Baltimore Orioles this weekend.
Anderson owns a 3.99 SIERA with a 17.5 strikeout percentage and 4.0 walk percentage this season -- all of which are career-best numbers.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Michael Brantley not in Indians' ALDS Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall not in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Austin Jackson starting in left field for Game 5 in Cleveland October 11th, 2017
- Jay Bruce drops to seventh in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) returns to Indians' lineup for Game 5 of ALDS October 11th, 2017
- Indians' Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) went through running drills on Tuesday October 10th, 2017