Liam Hendriks (triceps, elbow) still feeling sore for Athletics
Oakland Athletics pitcher Liam Hendriks (triceps, elbow) is still experiencing soreness when he tries to play catch.
An MRI taken last week on Hendriks' right arm showed no structural damage, but he apparently has some lingering inflammation. The righty reliever was originally placed on the disabled list May 8 with a triceps strain and then his elbow began barking. There is obviously no timetable currently for his return.
Hendriks has pitched 16 1/3 innings in relief this season and owns an ugly 8.27 ERA. However, his xFIP is significantly lower at 2.70, and his strikeout percentage is 25.0, so it's not as bad as his ERA makes it seem. Our models currently project Hendriks to record a 3.56 ERA and a 23.5 strikeout percentage over the remaining course of the season, but he'll need to get healthy first.
- Brad Miller sitting for Phillies Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Rhys Hoskins batting seventh for Phillies Sunday May 9th, 2021
- Austin Nola sitting Sunday for Padres May 9th, 2021
- Victor Caratini catching Sunday for Padres May 9th, 2021
- Tommy Pham sitting Sunday for Padres May 9th, 2021
- Jurickson Profar starting Sunday for Padres May 9th, 2021
- Danny Mendick starting on Saturday for Chicago May 8th, 2021
- Yasmani Grandal starting on Saturday for Chicago May 8th, 2021
- Zack Collins sitting for White Sox Saturday night May 8th, 2021
- Adam Eaton sitting for Chicago on Saturday May 8th, 2021
- White Sox's Yasmani Grandal receives a breather on Friday May 7th, 2021
- Yermin Mercedes batting fifth for White Sox on Friday May 7th, 2021