Brewers trade reliever Josh Hader to Padres
The Milwaukee Brewers have traded reliever Josh Hader to the San Diego Padres.
The Padres will send the Brewers a package of left-handed closer Taylor Rogers, LHP prospect Robert Gasser, outfielder Esteury Ruiz, and right-hander Dinelson Lamet in return for Hader, whose 29 saves currently lead the league. With Hader off to San Diego, Devin Williams could step into the closer role for the Brewers in the near future. Hader, who has spent each of his first six seasons with the Brewers, will be a free agent after the 2023 season.
Hader locked in 29 saves across 34 innings pitched so far this season, boasting a 1.12 WHIP with a 4.24 ERA, and 59 strikeouts to just 12 walks.
- Blue Jays give Alejandro Kirk a breather on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Minnesota's Ryan Jeffers catching on Wednesday night September 28th, 2022
- Kansas City's Kyle Isbel taking over right field on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Drew Waters in center field for Royals on Wednesday evening September 28th, 2022
- Tres Barrera on Nationals' bench Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Royals starting Nicky Lopez at shortstop on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Austin Nola catching for San Diego on Tuesday September 27th, 2022
- San Diego's Josh Bell hitting sixth on Tuesday September 27th, 2022
- Wil Myers in Padres' lineup Sunday afternoon September 25th, 2022
- Austin Nola not in Padres' lineup on Sunday September 25th, 2022
- Trent Grisham not in Padres' Sunday lineup September 25th, 2022
- Josh Bell sitting for San Diego Sunday afternoon September 25th, 2022