Matt Dominguez earns start at first base for Blue Jays
Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Matt Dominguez is playing first base and hitting sixth for Wednesday's showdown with the Chicago White Sox.
Dominguez was called up on Tuesday to help serve as a right-handed bat in lieu of the suspended Chris Colabello (performance enhancing drugs). He sees a start on Wednesday (hist first career start at first base) against left-hander Jose Quintana, though manager John Gibbons indicated that moving forward, Justin Smoak will likely see the bulk of starts at first. Dominguez held a nice .311/.333/.475 triple-slash with 14 RBI's through 17 games at Triple-A Buffalo, but as a career .233 hitter in the majors, offers little fantasy upside.
Dominguez did not play in the majors in 2015, and his last big league action came in 2014 with the Houston Astros. He slashed .215/.256/.330 with a .260 wOBA (which ranked 2nd worst) in 157 games played that season, but did manage to slug 16 homers.
- Kent Bazemore starting for Warriors Saturday in place of injured Kelly Oubre April 10th, 2021
- Nationals starting Hernan Perez in left field on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Washington's Jordy Mercer (COVID-19 injured list) hitting sixth on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Yan Gomes catching for Nationals on Saturday night April 10th, 2021
- Andrew Stevenson out of Washington's Saturday lineup against Dodgers April 10th, 2021
- Boston's J.D. Martinez placed on COVID-19 injured list April 10th, 2021
- Cavan Biggio not in Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Danny Jansen catching for Blue Jays on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Santiago Espinal batting sixth for Toronto on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Blue Jays' Rowdy Tellez batting fifth on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Toronto's Lourdes Gurriel placed on COVID list, Rowdy Tellez starting on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Toronto's Teoscar Hernandez placed on COVID-19 list, Josh Palacios to start on Friday April 9th, 2021