Mets' Michael Conforto exits game with back stiffness
New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto exited Wednesday's Grapefruit League game due to back stiffness.
Conforto said he felt his back tighten up on a swing, but that it wasn't an issue before that. There's nothing to indicate that it will impact his readiness for the start of the season, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Conforto showed a lot of promise in his first taste of the majors last season by batting .270/.335/.506 with 9 home runs and 26 RBI over 56 games.
Conforto's wOBA of .359 would have ranked 32nd best if he had enough plate appearances to qualify and his .236 Isolated Power would have ranked 16th best. We project the 23 year-old to post a .338 wOBA and to hit 21 home runs over his first full season in the majors in 2016.
- Evan Gattis starting at catcher for Houston in Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Brian McCann is out of the lineup for Astros in Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Cameron Maybin is batting ninth in Game 3 for Houston October 16th, 2017
- Carlos Beltran is on the Astros' bench for Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Josh Reddick dropped to eighth in Astros Game 3 lineup October 16th, 2017
- Alex Bregman will bat second as Astros visit New York for Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Juan Lagares not starting in Mets' season finale October 1st, 2017
- Matt Reynolds in Sunday's lineup for Mets October 1st, 2017
- Kevin Plawecki sitting for Mets October 1st, 2017
- Mets' Tomas Nido starting at catcher on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Dominic Smith hitting cleanup in Mets' Sunday lineup October 1st, 2017
- Asdrubal Cabrera out Sunday for the Mets October 1st, 2017