Mets' Michael Conforto exits game with back stiffness
New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto exited Wednesday's Grapefruit League game due to back stiffness.
Conforto said he felt his back tighten up on a swing, but that it wasn't an issue before that. There's nothing to indicate that it will impact his readiness for the start of the season, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Conforto showed a lot of promise in his first taste of the majors last season by batting .270/.335/.506 with 9 home runs and 26 RBI over 56 games.
Conforto's wOBA of .359 would have ranked 32nd best if he had enough plate appearances to qualify and his .236 Isolated Power would have ranked 16th best. We project the 23 year-old to post a .338 wOBA and to hit 21 home runs over his first full season in the majors in 2016.
- Boog Powell starting for A's on Saturday August 19th, 2017
- Yan Gomes not in Indians' lineup against Royals August 19th, 2017
- Austin Jackson drops to seventh in Cleveland's Saturday lineup August 19th, 2017
- Jose Ramirez (wrist) back in Indians' lineup Saturday August 19th, 2017
- Houston's Max Stassi out of Saturday lineup August 19th, 2017
- Daniel Murphy scratched from Nationals' lineup Saturday August 19th, 2017
- New York sits Travis d'Arnaud on Saturday August 19th, 2017
- Kevin Plawecki starting on Saturday for Mets August 19th, 2017
- Mets' Matt Reynolds out of lineup on Saturday August 19th, 2017
- Juan Lagares out of Mets' Saturday lineup August 19th, 2017
- Dominic Smith starting for Mets on Saturday August 19th, 2017
- Michael Conforto starting for Mets on Saturday August 19th, 2017