Mets' Michael Conforto exits game with back stiffness
New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto exited Wednesday's Grapefruit League game due to back stiffness.
Conforto said he felt his back tighten up on a swing, but that it wasn't an issue before that. There's nothing to indicate that it will impact his readiness for the start of the season, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Conforto showed a lot of promise in his first taste of the majors last season by batting .270/.335/.506 with 9 home runs and 26 RBI over 56 games.
Conforto's wOBA of .359 would have ranked 32nd best if he had enough plate appearances to qualify and his .236 Isolated Power would have ranked 16th best. We project the 23 year-old to post a .338 wOBA and to hit 21 home runs over his first full season in the majors in 2016.
- Dodgers' Chase Utley starting at second base Monday June 26th, 2017
- Yasiel Puig (hamstring) is back in the lineup for Los Angeles June 26th, 2017
- Brandon McCarthy (knee) placed on disabled list by the Dodgers June 26th, 2017
- Rays trade for Adeiny Hechavarria from Marlins June 26th, 2017
- Colorado places Carlos Gonzalez (shoulder) on DL June 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Matt Holliday (fatigue) to undergo tests June 26th, 2017
- Rene Rivera smashes two homers in Mets' victory June 26th, 2017
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes is not in the lineup on Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Michael Conforto starting in left for the Mets June 25th, 2017
- Jose Reyes not playing on Sunday for New York June 25th, 2017
- T.J. Rivera is in the lineup for New York on Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Mets' Travis d'Arnaud is not in the lineup Sunday June 25th, 2017