Mets' Michael Conforto exits game with back stiffness
New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto exited Wednesday's Grapefruit League game due to back stiffness.
Conforto said he felt his back tighten up on a swing, but that it wasn't an issue before that. There's nothing to indicate that it will impact his readiness for the start of the season, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Conforto showed a lot of promise in his first taste of the majors last season by batting .270/.335/.506 with 9 home runs and 26 RBI over 56 games.
Conforto's wOBA of .359 would have ranked 32nd best if he had enough plate appearances to qualify and his .236 Isolated Power would have ranked 16th best. We project the 23 year-old to post a .338 wOBA and to hit 21 home runs over his first full season in the majors in 2016.
- White Sox' Welington Castillo reportedly to be suspended 80 games for PEDs May 23rd, 2018
- Jose Rondon replaces Matt Davidson in White Sox lineup May 23rd, 2018
- Matt Davidson (back) scratched from White Sox lineup on Wednesday night May 23rd, 2018
- Mariners' Mitch Haniger (wrist) day-to-day after being hit by pitch May 23rd, 2018
- Kike Hernandez enters Dodgers' lineup in Wednesday's series finale May 23rd, 2018
- David Dahl starting on Wednesday for Colorado May 23rd, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco starting at catcher for Mets on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mets' Luis Guillorme starting at third base on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Jose Bautista out of the Mets' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Adrian Gonzalez starting at first base for Mets on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Jay Bruce in the Mets' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Wilmer Flores out of the Mets' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018