Mets' Michael Conforto exits game with back stiffness
New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto exited Wednesday's Grapefruit League game due to back stiffness.
Conforto said he felt his back tighten up on a swing, but that it wasn't an issue before that. There's nothing to indicate that it will impact his readiness for the start of the season, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Conforto showed a lot of promise in his first taste of the majors last season by batting .270/.335/.506 with 9 home runs and 26 RBI over 56 games.
Conforto's wOBA of .359 would have ranked 32nd best if he had enough plate appearances to qualify and his .236 Isolated Power would have ranked 16th best. We project the 23 year-old to post a .338 wOBA and to hit 21 home runs over his first full season in the majors in 2016.
- Boston's Christian Vazquez starting behind the plate on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Rafael Devers batting sixth for Red Sox on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez not starting for Boston on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Ian Kinsler starting at second base for Boston on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Boston's Brock Holt not starting against Astros on Sunday October 14th, 2018
- Brandon Nimmo (leg) out of Mets' lineup versus Marlins September 30th, 2018
- Mets' Tomas Nido in Sunday's lineup September 30th, 2018
- Todd Frazier starting for Mets in season finale September 30th, 2018
- Michael Conforto hitting third for Mets versus Marlins September 30th, 2018
- Dominic Smith not in Mets' Saturday lineup September 29th, 2018
- Austin Jackson starting for Mets on Saturday September 29th, 2018