Mets' Michael Conforto exits game with back stiffness
New York Mets outfielder Michael Conforto exited Wednesday's Grapefruit League game due to back stiffness.
Conforto said he felt his back tighten up on a swing, but that it wasn't an issue before that. There's nothing to indicate that it will impact his readiness for the start of the season, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Conforto showed a lot of promise in his first taste of the majors last season by batting .270/.335/.506 with 9 home runs and 26 RBI over 56 games.
Conforto's wOBA of .359 would have ranked 32nd best if he had enough plate appearances to qualify and his .236 Isolated Power would have ranked 16th best. We project the 23 year-old to post a .338 wOBA and to hit 21 home runs over his first full season in the majors in 2016.
- Ronald Acuna exits early for Braves after being hit by pitch August 15th, 2018
- Marlins' Jose Urena ejected from Wednesday's game in first inning August 15th, 2018
- Chase d'Arnaud not in the lineup for Giants on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Giants' Austin Slater absent from Wednesday's lineup August 15th, 2018
- Steven Duggar absent from Wednesday's lineup for Giants August 15th, 2018
- Nick Hundley heads to bench for Giants on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Mets' Amed Rosario out against the Orioles August 15th, 2018
- Jose Reyes starting for the Mets against Baltimore August 15th, 2018
- Mets' Brandon Nimmo batting leadoff on Wednesday August 15th, 2018
- Kevin Plawecki starting for New York on Tuesday August 14th, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco out of Mets' Tuesday lineup August 14th, 2018
- Jeff McNeil batting fifth for Mets on Monday August 13th, 2018