Brewers' Christian Yelich tests positive for COVID-19
The Milwaukee Brewers are placing outfielder Christian Yelich on the COVID-19 injured list.
Yelich tested positive for the virus and will miss at least 10 days. He started developing mild symptoms on Monday despite being fully vaccinated. The Brewers are also placing Jace Peterson on the COVID-19 list due to contact tracing and he will miss at least seven days. Lorenzo Cain (hamstring) has been activated from the 10-day IL in a corresponding roster move. Jackie Bradley is covering left field on Tuesday against right-hander Luis Oviedo and the Pittsburgh Pirates. Cain is returning to center field and hitting seventh. Willy Adames is hitting second and Omar Narvaez is batting third.
numberFire’s models project Bradley for 10.1 FanDuel points and he has a $2,300 salary on Tuesday. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Brewers have an implied total of 4.4 runs. Among Tuesday's listed starters, Oviedo is registering the worst walk rate this season (13.8 percent).
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee's Manny Pina sitting on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Avisail Garcia (back) on Brewers' sidelines Wednesday afternoon September 15th, 2021
- Manny Pina catching for Milwaukee's Wednesday matinee September 15th, 2021
- Jackie Bradley on Milwaukee's bench versus Tigers September 14th, 2021
- Manny Pina moving to Brewers' bench Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Manny Pina starting for Brewers on Sunday September 12th, 2021