Dan Vogelbach put on Brewers' IL with hamstring strain
The Milwaukee Brewers placed first baseman Dan Vogelbach on the 10-day injured list with a left hamstring strain.
Brewers manager Craig Counsell said Vogelbach suffered a "significant" hamstring strain in the sixth inning on Tuesday night. The Brewers should provide some sort of timeline for Vogelbach once his MRI results are provided. Keston Hiura was recalled in a corresponding roster move. He will replace Vogelbach on first base Wednesday and hit sixth versus left-hander Caleb Smith and the Arizona Diamondbacks. Luis Urias has been moved up to hit second.
Vogelbach is averaging 6.1 FanDuel points per game this season. Per numberFire's MLB Heat Map, the Brewers have an implied total of 4.4 runs on Wednesday. Smith is registering a 26.8 strikeout percentage with a 11.4 percent walk rate this season.
- Gio Urshela (hamstring) headed to Yankees' IL August 3rd, 2021
- Yankees' Gerrit Cole tests positive for COVID-19, scratched Tuesday August 3rd, 2021
- Matt Thaiss heads to Angels' bench on Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Angels starting Juan Lagares in left field on Monday night August 2nd, 2021
- Los Angeles' Justin Upton receives Monday off August 2nd, 2021
- Diamondbacks starting Josh VanMeter at second base on Monday night August 2nd, 2021
- Jackie Bradley Jr. sitting for Milwaukee Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Brewers leave Luis Urias off Monday lineup August 2nd, 2021
- Brewers' Avisail Garcia starting Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Kolten Wong batting leadoff for Brewers Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Avisail Garcia sitting for Brewers Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Kolten Wong not in Brewers' Sunday lineup August 1st, 2021