Rays' Wander Franco making MLB debut Tuesday
Tampa Bay Rays infielder Wander Franco will make his MLB debut in Tuesday's series opener against left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez and the Boston Red Sox.
Franco is considered to be the No. 1 prospect in baseball and he can be played all over the infield. He will bat second and start at third base on Tuesday in his debut. Franco primarily played shortstop in the minors but he can contribute all across the infield and is expected to become a regular in the lineup moving forward. Yandy Diaz will move to first base on Tuesday in place of Ji-Man Choi and bat leadoff. The Rays designated infielder Wyatt Mathisen for assignment in a corresponding roster move.
Franco slashed .323/.376/.601 with 24 extra-base hits (7 homers, 6 triples, 11 doubles), 35 RBI, 30 runs scored, and 5 steals over 39 games in Triple-A this season.
- Kevin Plawecki batting eighth for Red Sox Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Jonathan Arauz sitting for Boston Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Corey Seager in Dodgers' Sunday lineup August 1st, 2021
- Austin Barnes in Los Angeles' Sunday lineup August 1st, 2021
- Albert Pujols in Angels' Sunday lineup August 1st, 2021
- Mookie Betts (hip) activated, starting on Sunday for Dodgers August 1st, 2021
- Rays' Yandy Diaz batting fifth on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Randy Arozarena sitting for Tampa Bay on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Rays' Manuel Margot batting seventh on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Mike Zunino catching for Rays on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Francisco Mejia catching on Saturday evening July 31st, 2021
- Joey Wendle operating third base for Rays on Saturday July 31st, 2021