Yankees put Gio Urshela on COVID-19 list
The New York Yankees placed third baseman Gio Urshela on the COVID-19 injured list due to side effects from vaccination.
Urshela will be eligible to return as soon as he's cleared. The Yankees recalled Mike Ford from their alternate training site in a corresponding roster move. DJ LeMahieu is on third base Friday in place of Urshela.
Urshela is averaging 6.2 FanDuel points per game and batting .261/.292/.304 through 24 plate appearances.
- Nick Madrigal not in White Sox's lineup Thursday May 13th, 2021
- White Sox's Danny Mendick sitting for Thursday matinee May 13th, 2021
- Yermin Mercedes sitting Thursday for White Sox May 13th, 2021
- Miguel Sano on Twins' bench for Thursday matinee May 13th, 2021
- Victor Robles returns to Nationals' lineup Thursday May 13th, 2021
- Yan Gomes catching Thursday for Washington May 13th, 2021
- Kyle Higashioka starting for Yankees on Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Aaron Hicks (shin) starting for Yankees Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees on Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Gleyber Torres (protocols) not in Yankees' lineup Wednesday May 12th, 2021
- Tyler Wade starting on Wednesday for Yankees May 12th, 2021
- Brett Gardner not in Yankees' Wednesday lineup May 12th, 2021