Cubs sign Shane Victorino to minor league deal
The Chicago Cubs signed outfielder Shane Victorino to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
One day after the surprise re-signing of Dexter Fowler, the Cubs have added another outfielder. Victorino is on a minor league deal (which is worth $1 million with $1 million more available in incentives, according to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick) but should virtually be assured of making the Opening Day roster, likely booting Matt Szczur back to Triple-A. He'll back up at all three outfield spots.
The oft-injured 35-year-old has batted only .246/.306/.329 with three home runs and nine steals over the last two seasons while being limited to 101 games (337 plate appearances) due to a variety of ailments.
- Jeremy Lamb (conditioning) questionable Saturday for Pacers January 7th, 2022
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting sixth on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Brandon Marsh sitting for Angels on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Angels' Jose Rojas batting seventh on Saturday October 2nd, 2021
- Max Stassi catching for Angels on Saturday October 2nd, 2021
- Juan Lagares in right field for Angels on Friday night October 1st, 2021